CHERRIES project: Three calls for solutions
CHERRIES (Constructing Healthcare Environments through Responsible Research Innovation and Entrepreneurship Strategies) is an EU funded project aimed at enabling Responsible Research & Innovation (RRI) policy experiments in the healthcare sector in three European territories: Murcia (ES), Örebro (SE), and the Republic of Cyprus (CY).
The CHERRIES territories have launched three calls for solutions that will be open for applications until the 15th of April 2021. The territorial partners in Cyprus, Murcia, and Örebro are looking for innovative solutions in the healthcare sector.
These three regions present three different challenges:
- CHERRIES Cyprus is calling on European companies and organisations to solve the problems with “Provision of medical services to the Cypriot citizens that live in rural and remote areas and do not have easy access to healthcare services and prescribed medicines”.
- CHERRIES Murcia is inviting European companies to solve the challenge of “Early detection of progression in Multiple Sclerosis”.
- CHERRIES Örebro is encouraging European companies and organisations to work on “Breaking and preventing involuntary loneliness among elderly”.
For each challenge, CHERRIES will award one solution. Selected European innovators will:
- Co-develop and validate the solution with the challenge promoter;
- Receive €50 000 to develop the solution over 10 months; and
- Access mentoring support to ensure smooth development and implementation of the solution.
CHERRIES is currently organising an info-webinar aimed at presenting the three specific challenges, the application and selection process, and providing some highlights of the RRI dimension that applicants need to embed in their proposals – especially in terms of inclusive and participatory approaches. The webinar will take place on Thursday the 4th of March at 11:00 (CET). If you are interested, please click here to register for the webinar.